Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy New Year!







1. Make royal icing. Recipes are HERE.

2. Divide the icing into the airtight containers.
And add a desired food coloring to the icing and mix well.

3. Fill a pastry bag with piping icing and also fill a squeeze bottle with flooding icing. (since royal icing dries out very quickly, keep the piping tip with damp paper towel or sponge)

4. Outline a cookie with the piping icing bag.

5. Fill it up with flooding icing.

Happy New Year!
I know it's been already middle of January...
I've been lazy since I came back from Vancouver, Canada to visit my family.^^

As Lunar new year is coming soon (02/03/11), I made Chinese "Fortune" character cookies.
The design is very simple as you see and I used a #4 tip to write the character.

10 comments:

  1. Hi

    I just found your blog and I love your cookie decorations. You are so talented. Some of them are so precious that I would be afraid of biting into... :)
    Thanks for sharing great ideas. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...those cookies are beautiful. I'll try a batch for Chinese New Year.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies are always so beautiful! I love these! Happy new Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful cookies... I am so impressed with your icing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! So beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gong Xi Fat Choi, Kathy! These chinese new year cookies are so adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Espectaculares estas galletas!!

    Como todas las que haces perfectas.

    Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for nice and warm comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katie, this cookies are so cute, I wonder how you get the golden and silver royal icing

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,ARA

    I used gold edible luster dust powder.
    Simply add little bit of vodka to the powder, and then brush them on the cookie^^

    ReplyDelete